For your benefit, our team at San Tomas Signature Smiles happily offers the use of dental lasers to give you the best and most successful experience possible. Dental lasers project energy in the form of a light and they are used for many treatments, like:
· Tooth decay removal: Lasers are used to eliminate tooth decay from the picture without removing a large amount of healthy enamel. The tool also helps prepare the tooth for the filling.
· Gum treatment: As a victim of gum disease, your gums recede and move away from your teeth. Lasers can reshape your gums and give you a more attractive and natural-looking smile.
· Root canal therapy: Lasers can remove bacteria in the area receiving the therapy, which will reduce the chances of infection.
· Biopsy: Lasers can remove a small section of your oral tissue so your dentist can examine it for oral cancer.
· Lesion removal: Lasers can remove lesions from your oral cavity and can also reduce the pain of canker sores.
· Teeth whitening: Lasers can speed up the whitening process in the office to give you the bright and brilliant smile you have always wanted.
When the laser is used for a surgical treatment, it acts as a cutting instrument and it also vaporizes tissue. When it is used to cure a filling, the laser helps the filling completely bond to the tooth. When the laser is used for a teeth-whitening treatment, it quickens the process by heating the whitening solution.
There are many benefits to dental lasers. Some of those benefits are:
· They can reduce the pain experienced in the treatments, which can also reduce the need for anesthesia.
· They can reduce the anxiety in patients because they replace the dental drill.
· They minimize the bleeding and swelling during treatments that deal with soft tissues.
· They can preserve more of the healthy enamel when removing a cavity.
Call San Tomas Signature Smiles now at 408-378-2890 if you have any questions or if you are interested in knowing more about dental lasers. Dr. Ramin Moradi and our team care about you and your oral health, and we want you to have an educational and beneficial dental appointment when you come into our office. So, please do not hesitate to give us a call. We are here to help you!