A dental sealant is a tooth restoration treatment intended to protect your teeth from future damage. It works by applying a special coating to your teeth that acts as a secondary level of fortification for your teeth that is even stronger than your natural tooth enamel. Dental sealants use special gels to coat your teeth, which is then activated by specialized light sources to harden.
Are you or a loved one in need of dental sealants? If so, consider the following:
– Sealants can last up to a complete decade, at which time they may need to be repaired and reapplied.
– Sealants can be put in place at all ages, starting with children around the age of 6, which is the time their first molars come in.
– Many sealants are clear and can be placed without leaving any unsightly noticeable appearance.
– Studies have shown that sealants can lower the risk of tooth decay in molars by 80%.
– Sealants can stop acids from penetrating your tooth enamel.
– According to the Center for Disease Control, children without sealants are 3 times more likely to suffer from cavities.
Make sure to take good care of your teeth and gums, so they can last a lifetime. For more information about dental sealants, or to schedule an oral exam with Dr. Ramin Moradi and our team at San Tomas Signature Smiles, give us a call at 408-378-2890 . Our dentist office is conveniently located in Campbell, California. We will get you back to smiling once more!