There are many oral conditions that can lead to tooth loss, which can eventually damage the jawbone over time. As a result, you may need a bone graft to add health and support to your jawbone for a smile restoration. Our doctor, Dr. Ramin Moradi with San Tomas Signature Smiles in Campbell, California, is happy to give you some basic intel on bone grafting, so you can understand it.
Here is some basic information on bone grafting:
– Once a bone grafting procedure has been completed, several months will be required. Once the bone graft and jawbone have strengthened, a dental implant can be used.
– When a periodontal dentistry procedure is needed, a bone graft may prove to be beneficial.
– Weak and frail jawbones will need a bone grafting procedure in place before a dental implant can be placed.
– Two main types of bone grafts include bones from one area of your body or artificial bone grafting materials. These bone grafts are then placed on your jawbone to help strengthen it.
– For more information concerning bone grafts and whether or not they are needed before a dental implant will need to be placed, speak with your dentist.
If you have questions about your jawbone or find yourself in need of dental support, please call us at 408-378-2890 to set up a consultation. Our team is happy to look at your condition and see if a bone grafting is needed and right for you. So, call us today and let us help you take this step to smile restoration today.